Pages

Translate

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Participant Breakdown in My OD&D Campaign.

I have previously noted the following in the first game: "So here I was, a middle 50's experienced OD&D ref  two 30-something players - one of which had played the Basic D&D 1980 boxed set, and the other had played some 3rd edition D&D (I think that is right) and the 3rd ed players' 10 year old son who had never played before."


In the three games since then, there has been 4 other people play. We have had the other original players' 9 year old daughter who had also never played before, a middle 50's former military man who had never played before and his 16 year old nephew who had only played some multi-player online games. In addition, we also added the 14 year old son of another friend who had never played before. This gives me a total of 7 different players of which so far the most present at the same time has been 5 of the 7. The mother of the 14 year old also wants to play if she can ever work it out to do so and the mother of the 9 year old might also play at some point.


I am in the process of writing up and posting some minimal info about the 2nd, 3rd and 4th game and I hope to have that posted tomorrow. The 5th game is this Saturday 11/14/2009 and I hope to post a detailed write up of that game. Currently it looks as though I will have between 4 to 6 players for that game. I will also be posting some house rules soon. As a teaser, I will note that in my game you can not become a paladin until you reach 4th level. There are two roads to paladinhood, you may start as a lawful fighter or as a lawful cleric.



2 comments:

  1. Any chance you're a reasonable driving distance from Chicago? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just outside the southeast border of Columbus Ohio just outside the I-270 outerbelt. A fair distance from Chicago, do you have any family in this area? BTW you can always pm me over at Finarvyn's board.

    ReplyDelete