Pages

Translate

Friday, November 28, 2014

OD&D Races & Classes for PCs & NPCs 002

Classes that are available IMCs are Fighting-Men, Magic-Users and Clerics; those are the basic starting points. I also allow Paladins and Rangers, which are a subclass of Fighting-Men; however, I usually do not allow Thieves, Illusionists, Druids, Monks, Assassins. Once I have re-written the Bard, I will allow them in the game also. In OD&D Bards start as Bards from 1st level, unlike later versions and I consider them to be a subclass of Magic-Users, as are Illusionists and Druids. Monks are a subclass of Clerics, but are so poorly designed they would have to be substantially re-written to be used.

If I were going to allow most of these, I would recast Thieves with a different name and as a subclass of Fighting-men, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon even though I may take a stab at re-writing them just for fun. I will not allow Assassins IMC because they are by definition EVIL and as such can not be a PC, although it an NPC could very well be an Assassin.

No comments:

Post a Comment