Pages

Translate

Monday, September 5, 2016

UnSung Heroes of the OSR World! - Part IV

I have two new nominations for UnSung Heroes of the OSR World! One of them comes from this thread where the subject of UnSung Heroes of the OSR World! - Part III credits Jimm Johnson as being the guy that got him back into D&D. And the other one I nominated.

The Contemptible Cube of Quazar ...In the 66th æon of Eris by Jimm Johnson aka austinjimm who also hangs out at Knights & Knaves Alehouse. Jimm Johnson is one of the really great guys in Old School Roleplaying. The blog has been around since 2010 with 32 posts and you may say that is not much activity, which appears true, but there is more to it than that. For instance in his only post this year he says
 NTRPG Con 2016 kicks off this Wednesday evening. ....I will be running 3 games at the con this year. Thursday morning is my semi-annual OUTDOOR SURVIVAL hex crawl using the original 1974 wilderness rules. Saturday morning I'll be running Kids' D&D using my popular Knights & Wizards kids' rules, and Saturday night I'll be running the Odboxx itself.
You can see additional details at his blog. In his first post to the blog he says:
I'm titling this blog after my recent submission (and winning entry) to the 2010 One-Page-Dungeon contest: The Contemptible Cube of Quazar. Here's the backstory/teaser to the adventure:

Quazar, a powerful evil magic-user from planet Eris has accidentally transported himself and his cube-like stronghold to Earth. He is trapped in his Inner Sanctum until he can be freed by The Four Sacred Keys. In the meantime, the uncontrolled denizens of his fortress venture forth at night to feed and plunder the local villages.
His campaign resulted in his publication of this supplement for the Original Dungeons & Dragons:

Planet Eris Booklet 1 House Rules My House Rules... Rules Additions and Modifications for the Skull Mountain Megadungeon, the Sparn Empire and the Wild Lands of Oros.
Or aka the Planet Eris campaign, published by The Scribes of Sparn. Here is a link to his Books and Publications Spotlight on Lulu. Yes I think he well deserves to be recognized.

Now we also have my nomination for this designation as an UnSung Heroes of the OSR World! and this is this blog:

3 Toadstools My little blog about the OSR & RPG's by Shane Ward. This blog has been around since 2013 with 601 posts. He covers a wide range of subjects and here is his list of popular posts:

Popular Posts

  • I posted briefly about this on G+.  I was doing some google searching that somehow managed to lead to "VENOM" from Spiderman.  I t...
  • I acquired a copy of the world map of Basq, and its super friggin cool!  The nice thing about this adventure/module is that there are secti...
  • A few weeks ago we gathered everyone together for another Old School session.  Unbeknownst to the other players in the game, Kurt and I deci...
  • Even though 5th edition was a welcome fresh set of rules, The wizards have decided to put out 6th! Not 5.5, NO...... 6th Edition! And from t...
  • Here we go again, I'm sitting in front of my trusty slow as heck laptop.  Rather than doing a whole post on everyday, or a daily version...
  • A little more information regard "the Pyramid of the lost king".  This time a introduction of a new race.  "The Form".  ...
  • I've been working on an adventure, in which the PC's basically fall thru a wormhole into a Demon's dungeon.  It's a rescue s...
  • A bunch of cool stuff has cropped up lately!  I'm sure you are aware of it, but if your not here it is!  First and foremost, Brave The...
  • I had originally posted day 1, and had thought to do this as a daily blog post, but alas I'm on vacation and for the most part away fr...
  • Once again, to not have a blog a day, I'm doing these in batches.  Side note, I also have to do a old school session report, which I sho...
He also has these additional pages and other things as well:
 Do you have any nominations for UnSung Heroes of the OSR World!? If you do then please send them to me and I will endeavor to let the world know about them.

5 comments: